It can be quite frustrating to spend hours creating or editing a document only to get stuck when you want to print it because your Dell Printer is offline. The primary cause behind the offline error is the fact that your printer firmware is outdated or there are issues with the network connection. This article will give you an overview of some simple solutions you can use to resolve the printer offline error. However, if you find that the offline error occurs often, you should call the dell customer support number and consult a printer expert to implement a more advanced solution to fix the error as soon as possible.
Solution 1: Check your Dell Printer Connection
You can go through the steps below to check the connection between your Dell printer and the computer or laptop you are using:
- Step 1: Restart your Dell printer and check the printer USB connection.
- Step 2: Try using a different device to check if the USB port is working.
- Step 3: If you have a wireless Dell printer, review the network settings.
- Step 4: Ensure that none of the printer cables are loose or damaged.
- Step 5: Make sure the lit-up wireless icon indicates the printer is connected.
Solution 2: Update the Dell Printer Firmware
The Dell Printer offline error may have been caused by the outdated printer firmware. You can follow the instructions below to update the printer firmware on your Windows device:
- Step 1: Visit the ‘Drivers and Download’ page and download the firmware.
- Step 2: Extract all the Dell firmware files if it is delivered as a ‘.zip.’ file.
- Step 3: Run the Firmware Update Utility and select the firmware to update.
- Step 4: Use the drop-down menu to locate your specific printer model.
- Step 5: Click the ‘Update’ option and wait for some time while the firmware is updating.
You must make sure you do not turn off the printer until the update is complete and the Dell Printer screen displays ‘Ready.’
Solution 3: Restart the Print Spooler Service
It is quite possible that the Dell Printer offline error on your Windows 10 device was caused because of a problem with the Print Spooler. You can follow the steps below to restart the Print Spooler and fix the offline error on your Dell Printer:
- Step 1: Open Start menu and type“services.msc” in the search field.
- Step 2: Look for the Print Spooleritem and check the service status.
- Step 3: Right-click the Print Spooler option and click ‘Restart.’
- Step 4: Close the services window and restart your computer.
If you find that the Dell Printer offline error persists even after implementing the solutions mentioned in this article you can call the dell customer care and speak to a trained printer expert to learn how to implement advanced troubleshooting solutions to resolve the error.
Read More:- Dell Support
Source URL: How to fix Dell Printer offline Windows 10