Data corruption is a lingering fear for many people, especially those who use their Windows computer to create and share important business documents. The Dell Backup and Recovery application is specially designed to ease that fear. The application allows Dell users to protect important digital documents and recover data whenever there is an error. However, if you find that Dell Backup and Recovery does not work, you do not have to panic. You can use the solutions mentioned below or call the dell tech support number to resolve the issue and retrieve your data as soon as possible.
Solutions to fix the ‘Dell Backup & Recovery’ not working
Solution 1: Check the system requirements
The Dell Backup and Recovery application is designed, so that is compatible with all operating systems. However, you need to make sure your system has the basic requirements to run the application; otherwise, you will find that Dell Backup and Recovery does not work. You can have a look at the system requirements given below and check how your computer matches up:
- Operating System: Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1
- Processor: Minimum 1GHz or faster
- System Memory (RAM): 1GB (32-bit) or 2GB (64-bit)
- Hard disk space: At least 16GB free space
In case your computer does not have the basic requirements you should consider upgrading your system if you want to use the Dell Backup and Recovery application.
Solution 2: Reinstall Dell Backup and Recovery
If your computer meets the necessary system requirements, but the Dell Backup and Recovery application still does not work, it could be because of an installation error. You can refer to the installation steps given below to make sure you installed Dell Backup and Recovery correctly:
- Step 1: Save your data and close any applications open in the background.
- Step 2: Remove previous Dell backup applications you may have installed.
- Step 3: Visit the Dell webpage and download Dell Backup and Recovery.
- Step 4: Run the Setup and allow the program to make changes to your PC.
- Step 5: Follow the instructions on the screen and restart your computer.
- Step 6: Allow the update to complete before you open Dell Backup and Recovery.
Once the update is complete, you can click Start and type ‘Backup’ in the search section and then click the application icon to open Dell Backup and Recovery. If you find that the Dell Backup and Recovery application still does not work, you can call the dell customer care and ask for additional technical assistance. Through the helpline number, which is available 24 hours a day, you will be able to reach out to a certified software expert, and you can get more information on how to fix the Dell Backup & Recovery error on your Windows device.
Read More:- Dell helpline number
Source URL: Dell Backup and Recovery not working on Windows